|Reports To: Senior Project Manager
||FLSA Status: Exempt
||Date Issued: 12/2016
||Email Résumé To: email@example.com
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of new product development for assigned projects. This includes specifying product definition, creating and maintaining project schedules, and ensuring the design meets cost and performance targets. The Senior Project Engineer will manage a global project team responsible for design, tooling, development, testing, production, launch support, and quality. The Project Engineer should be familiar with the product features, benefits, and specifications and be able to assist product management in highlighting the advantages over the competitive set. The Senior Project Engineer will also support other departments (including sales, training, customer service, technical support, and others) as needed. This role will focus on industrial metalworking and machining equipment with a focus on milling, drilling and turning products and will receive direction, support, and guidance from a Program Manager or Senior Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Product development management including planning, budgets, specifications, quality, execution and delivery.
- Follow Milestone process and complete deliverables on schedule.
- Lead internal and global project teams
- Create and maintain BOMs for all new products
- Provide engineering support for marketing launches
- Maintain understanding of business needs and drive profitability with new products.
- Assist Product Manager with Voice-of-Customer research
Special Knowledge / Skills
- College or Bachelor's degree with technical background or equivalent combination of technical work and experience
- 3-5 years of product development or product design experience.
- Must exhibit ability to handle or have experience with complex project management.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics.
- CNC programing experience a plus.
- Product safety and listing experience preferred.
- SAP experience a plus
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of the machines and accessories of the JPW product line
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, MS Access, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to maintain a teamwork environment, work well under pressure and able to direct and meet deadlines
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus
- Must have good organizational skills, be dependable, and maintain a positive attitude
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems quickly and thoroughly and maintain the ability to be tactful in all situations
Working Conditions / Social and Physical Environment
- Work in warehouse and office at JPW headquarters
- Limited global travel increasing with increasing responsibility
- The work involves some discomforts and unpleasantness such as moderate levels of noise and coldness or warm temperatures due to general warehouse conditions.
- Interacts with all levels of JPW personnel as needed
- Communication consists of contact in person, by telephone, by e-mail or by fax machine
- Represent the warehouse or company, as required, in staff meetings, sales meetings, tradeshows or company related events
- Physical activities include using a hand truck or electric cart and the handling of service parts
- There will be moderate lifting of up to 50 pounds or more
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules